- Before you can decide what is the best mini-split system for your bedroom. You will need to measure how many square feet it is and also include closet space. If you are not sure how to measure for square feet there are a lot of online calculators that will convert your measurements into square feet.
- Now you can decide how many BTU’s will be necessary to cool and heat your space. Some online calculators will convert your square feet measurements into how many BTU’s you need to condition the space. For example, if you need one ton of air conditioning that is 12,000 BTU’s.
- Now you have learned how to size up the right system to condition your space.
- It is always best to try to go with the highest efficiency mini-split system 18 seer of better.
- Power to the mini-split system is a big factor for the highest efficiency system possible it’s best to run 208 or a 230 Volt system it will be more efficient than 120 Volt.
- One laying out the system always plan for your condenser drain. You should have at least 1/4 inch per foot pitch for proper water flow. Or you might have to install a condenser pump to drain the water from the condenser.
- Before purchasing a mini split system. Look at the overall value and the features on the units make sure they fit your needs including wi-fi capability best warranty. Will the warranty be void if it is not installed by a licensed professional.
- what kind of mini split system are you looking for ceiling mounted, wall mounted, floor mounted.
Need more reasons to buy mini split click here.