Decide if the ductless mini split system is right for you. A ductless mini split is most often referred to as a mini split system. Mini-split systems over the last several years had become more and more popular. The ductless mini split system requires no ductwork. Adding a mini-split system is one of the best ways of upgrading your home office to a high-efficiency system in most cases at a lower cost than a conventional split system. It can also fit into tighter spaces where space is an issue.
In some cases, if you are not that knowledgeable on HVAC it may be best to consult with a professional it is very critical that the HVAC system be properly planned.
- The first step is to measure the size of all the rooms that you’re looking to condition the air space. After that is complete calculate the square footage of all the rooms. If you are unsure how to calculate the square footage there are online calculators for that purpose.
- After you have calculated the square footage of the location you can calculate how many BTU’s you will need two condition the space. If you are unsure how to calculate from the square footage to BTU’s there are also online calculators for that.
- Decide the style of ductless mini split system you are looking for. Wall mounted, ceiling mounted and floor mounted.
- Make a site plan of the location where all the equipment will be located. If necessary how any power will be run.
- The key to planning most projects our budgeting what is the maximum amount of money you can spend. This will help you pick the highest efficiency unit you can afford
- Think very carefully of any options you would like to have on your ductless mini split system. To have there are several options. wi-fi wireless, remote controls, wall-mounted thermostat, and an ethernet connection to connect directly to your network.
- Any special filtration requirements to help eliminate contaminants, dust, dirt, and allergens in the space.
Why buy a ductless mini split system click here.